Paypal Fees ref cancelled orders on eBay

Pkant
New Community Member

Hello,

Fairly new business to eBay and Paypal and we have noticed a huge difference between what we were expecting to pay to Paypal last month and what we actually paid. With the paid amount being significantly higher.

Looking at our reports it seems that when a customer has placed an order on eBay and then they have asked to cancel the item or even they have had the item delivered and then asked to return the item. We have issued the refund, the customer has received their money back but we have still been charged the Paypal fee.

This does not seem to be the case for every order with some orders looking like it has been credited back to us but we are talking about 3 or 4 credited orders compared to around 10 or 11 that have not been credited for the previous month that ebay buyers either instantly cancelled or returned/ got a refund.

Can i ask if this is normal or if there is a way to recoup these Paypal fees for orders that have been cancelled?

Kind Regards,

PK

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pkant 

"Can i ask if this is normal or if there is a way to recoup these PayPal fees for orders that have been cancelled?"

PayPal no longer refunds PayPal fees for the UK. The policy was first announced on Jan 2 2020, effective on March 5 2020 and then reiterated on a Jun 16 2020 policy update, see below.

I am not sure why you were credited on some and not on others. Review them again. Maybe they correspond to the policy effective dates.

"Effective 6/16/2020

4. Fees – Commercial Transaction Refunds

As a reminder (as notified on January 2, 2020) section A3.4 (Commercial Transaction Refunds) of Schedule 1 (Table of Fees) was amended on March 5, 2020 to clarify that, if you carry out a refund of a Commercial Transaction payment, all of the fees originally paid by you to receive the payment will not be returned to you. The amendment to section A3.4 (Commercial Transaction Refunds) of Schedule 1 (Table of Fees) which took effect on March 5, 2020 will continue to read and be applied on and after the Effective Date.

This amendment does not take effect for users registered with PayPal as residents of Ireland until further immediate notice of the change, to be published by PayPal on the Policy Updates page (accessible via the Legal footer on most PayPal site pages) on or after March 5, 2020 (as PayPal may determine in its sole discretion)."

To review the policy updates:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/archive-policies-full?locale.x=en_GB

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.