Paypal Email Concern

Nguyyend
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal said they usually take 24 hours to respond to their emails however, its been a week and I really need paypal to comfirm my name change so that I could also confirm my identity. How long does it usually take for them to reply because its been way past 24 hours and I need their help urgently.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Manny171
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Nguyyend

They are probably investigating you for (FRAUD) my friend 😂

why would you guy's give out a fake name? are you running away from something? LOL

did you give them a copy of your (License/ID)?

have you given a copy of your (SSN) ?

have you given them a copy of a (Utility Bill)?

have you proven your Identity with them yet?

you just put yourself in a suspicious (POSITION)

let me know if you have done the following  of the questions I just gave you.

Login to Me Too

Nguyyend
Contributor
Contributor
I am not running away from anything and no, I am not using a fake name. I have sent my social security number for it to be confirmed but PayPal is asking for more information because my paypal name did not match with the name on the social security. The reason being is, my account used to be shared with another family member therefore, the name David is registered on the account that is why on both the paypal account and the SSC number both share the same last name.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nguyyend

You aren't allowed to 'share' accounts, a paypal account has to be in one persons name only unless you are a registered business.

If you can't provide legal documentation to prove that you are the same person (ie exact name) as on the paypal account then your account will most likely be limited.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.