Paypal Could not Confirm it is you

Mashimaro7
New Community Member

I know this has been asked a few times, but it's very weird, I attempted to send 3 payments yesterday, each with very different results. One appeared to go through but is on hold still, one went through, with  a small bit of trouble, but one just says "Sorry, we could not confirm it is you.". I even tried contacting support, they were unable to help me in any way shape or form, and essentially just told me to send the money some other way??

It might be because the recipient(my girlfriend) just made her account and also is Japanese. But I wonder if anyone knows of any way to fix this, I am using a business account, so that might be part of the issue too. Although, it is my personal business, I use this paypal as a personal paypal more than business. It's very strange, I lived in China last year, and used a service to send money to many people in China, I never had an issue once sending money to strangers in China, but trying to send it to my girlfriend in Japan is impossible?!

I also thought the issue might be my phone number not being verified, so I verified it, but same story.

Does anyone know how to solve this? I think it's insane that customer support literally just told me to not use their service lol. I tried calling too, but it just tells me to send a message because they can not help me over the phone or something.

Edit: I should also mention, I'm a Canadian living in Vietnam right now. The other two transactions were to Americans living abroad. Maybe that has something to do with it? Too many transactions to weird different countries? lol

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.