Paypal Business -Best Practice to grant multiple access

gardanni
Contributor
Contributor

I am a member of a club with a President and Treasurer that change on a yearly basis.

We have a Paypal business account, and I see two ways of possibly managing people with access to the account - having multiple email addresses associated with the account, or adding additional "users".

What would be a best practice of managing access to this account? If that pertains to account "emails", what is the "users" setting for? If that pertains to account "users", what is the "emails" setting for?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gardanni 

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-users-to-my-paypal-account-faq1605

Each PayPal account can only have up to 8 email addresses associated with it of which is an entirely different thing than what's explained in the link above. These 8 email addresses can have full access to the functions of the account (functions cannot be assigned) whereas setting up multiple users per the link, certain functions can be assigned to each user.

We can add up to 8 email addresses for, say, you want to sell or provide different types of products or services under one PayPal account for your circumstance. You can add an email address to only accept donations (ie donations at myclub dot com), one for event tickets (tix at my clubdot com) and so on and one can long on with any of those email addresses and have full access to account functions. In your case, I'd only use the email address method for those that full access is appropriate. The rest can be added as a user within the Manage Users method.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gardanni 

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-users-to-my-paypal-account-faq1605

Each PayPal account can only have up to 8 email addresses associated with it of which is an entirely different thing than what's explained in the link above. These 8 email addresses can have full access to the functions of the account (functions cannot be assigned) whereas setting up multiple users per the link, certain functions can be assigned to each user.

We can add up to 8 email addresses for, say, you want to sell or provide different types of products or services under one PayPal account for your circumstance. You can add an email address to only accept donations (ie donations at myclub dot com), one for event tickets (tix at my clubdot com) and so on and one can long on with any of those email addresses and have full access to account functions. In your case, I'd only use the email address method for those that full access is appropriate. The rest can be added as a user within the Manage Users method.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

gardanni
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response. That is very helpful.

When it comes to multiple email addresses... From what I can tell, these all use the same password. Is that correct?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.