Paypal Account STOLEN .... Help please..

PBadchild
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I need help as I believe my paypal account was stolen! And don't know what to do anymore!

Context:

I saw a suspicious transaction in my personal bank account coming from paypal so I decided to go check my paypal account and thats when I was confronted to the problem.

The account I am writing  the current message from is a new account in order to be able to contact them and write my question!

Here is what I tried until now:

1- I tried to log in ---> It tell me: "Some of your information isn't correct. Please try again."

2- I clicked " Having trouble logging in?  " ----> It tell me: "Thre's no account associated with this email. Try another email address or create a new account.

3- I clicked "Forgot your email? "---->I tells me "We couldn’t find an account associated with any of these email addresses. Please try another email address."

4- I tried Calling PayPal But due to the Covid-19 situation there phone customer service is limited to a machine. Fortunatly ONE good news, the system seems to still recognise me phone number threfor I was able to enter the phone options for my account after confirming the last 4 digits of either: My bank account number or my credit/debit card number.

Here Is what happens from here with the machine options:

• I I ask to change my password, the machine tells me it has to send me and email. Then it asks " Should I send it to your Gmail" 
    • If I answer yes then I don't receive any email ***which makes sense since the person who stole my account obviously changed them.
    • If I answer no then it tells me I need to spreak to a customer service representative and redirects me. But as stated before the customer service is closed so I'm sent to a machine telling me just that and then it hangs up.
  • If I ask to change my primary email, the machine give me instructions to change it online.... First step being... LOGIN IN (loving the irony haha)
  • If I ask to remove an email then or add one then I'm either sent to the custermer service rep as before or to the web site instructions again.
  • I tried pretty much all the options I thought could be usefull and I am always brought to these dead ends.

5- I tried sending them an email through and older email in which they had restored access to my paypal account in april. I got no answer 

6- I tried sending them a message through my new account.

So here I am unable to do anything and Worried as hell!

Please help

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_JonK

@PBadchild,

I'm sorry to hear about the recent unauthorized account access you've experienced. If you haven't been able to resolve this issue, please check the following Help Center article for steps to re-secure your account: How do I report an unauthorized transaction or account activity?

If you're still running into issues after that, please reach out to our Customer Support teams via chat here

Best wishes and stay safe, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

PBadchild
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_JonK 

Hi yes I did that ! Very dissapointed with the help until now... The customer service has honestly been pretty horrible ... They keep changing the representative that is anwsering me and they keep getting the problem wrong...There are not actually reading the information I provide and I went through 5 different infuriating  exanges now. 

Anyways the last one was a bit more positive cause they finaly came back to understanding im not talking about this account. (I say came back cause the first of the 5 reps actually got that ... )

Here is the last message I got:

"Kindly note that we are unable to find the account that you have referred to. So kindly request you to provide more details .

Please let me know if you need further assistance."

I sent them a few informations asking what they need exactly. 

Do you know if there is anything else I can do ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.