Paying with Paypal

SarahYuShi
New Community Member

Maybe this was a one-off problem with Paypal today, but I tried to use Paypal to pay for Airbnb - something I think I have done before without problems, certainly I have paid for many other things from Paypal without encountering problems, but today Paypal wanted to use my bank account to pay - the whole point of using Paypal was not to use my bank account and it wanted me to confirm yet again that I was happy with the money coming out of my bank account - which I wasn't! There were no other option fields and I tried several times and in different ways and I kept getting the same messages. It would not use my Paypal balance. I do not understand why! I've looked at my settings and I definitely should be using my Paypal balance first - and it's just not doing it.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@SarahYuShi wrote:

Maybe this was a one-off problem with Paypal today, but I tried to use Paypal to pay for Airbnb - something I think I have done before without problems, certainly I have paid for many other things from Paypal without encountering problems, but today Paypal wanted to use my bank account to pay - the whole point of using Paypal was not to use my bank account and it wanted me to confirm yet again that I was happy with the money coming out of my bank account - which I wasn't! There were no other option fields and I tried several times and in different ways and I kept getting the same messages. It would not use my Paypal balance. I do not understand why! I've looked at my settings and I definitely should be using my Paypal balance first - and it's just not doing it.

Hi @SarahYuShi

It sounds like the preferred payment method was not available for that particular checkout. In some cases, this could be due to either insufficient funds in your PayPal balance or a security hold to prevent an unauthorized transaction.

If there were sufficient funds in the PayPal balance on the mentioned occasion and this issue persists on future purchases, please call PayPal customer service. One of the team can review your account and identify any potential cause to the problem.

Please click here to retrieve their contact number.

I would like you to receive a direct solution to your problem, therefore I do not recommend the email option.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.