PayPal won’t let me change my name

jennakay1332
Contributor
Contributor
I created this account in 2013 with the name I go by every single day, Jenna. Today I get a notification that I have to verify my identity and the name on my ID has to match my acct. I go to change my name so it reflects the name on my driver’s license and it won’t let me. I spoke with someone in chat who told me I’d have to get LEGAL DOCUMENTS of a name change from Jenna to Virginia. NO LEGAL DOCUMENTS EXIST FOR JENNA. ACCORDING TO THE LAW, SHE DOESNT EXIST. HOW am I supposed to provide legal documentation for a person who doesn’t exist? My utilities are under Jenna, but they wouldn’t accept that. Legally everything I have says Virginia, because that’s my legal name! I called customer service and was advised of an hour and 50 minute wait time. IT IS NOW ALMOST THREE HOURS AFTER THAT CALL. It won’t even let me close my account without talking to someone.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jennakay1332 

You're just changing a nickname to your full name. Call customer service again, early, during business hours, west coast time and say 'live agent' to the automated recording to try to get a US rep. I don't know what their problem is. lol You're supposed to supply docs for the name Virginia as that is your legal full name and what you have on the account now is nick name. Tell them this.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jennakay1332 

You're just changing a nickname to your full name. Call customer service again, early, during business hours, west coast time and say 'live agent' to the automated recording to try to get a US rep. I don't know what their problem is. lol You're supposed to supply docs for the name Virginia as that is your legal full name and what you have on the account now is nick name. Tell them this.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

jennakay1332
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you SO MUCH
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.