PayPal won’t change my legal name

Anyuta1
Contributor
Contributor

Why PayPal won’t change my legal name on file??? It’s been the most frustrating experience to update a name!! After I got married (a year ago!!) I’ve changed my last name and successfully changed it with all entities ( banks, dmv etc) but for some unknown reason PayPal just won’t do it! With my old name still on file I’m not able to receive payments through PayPal, which makes the service useless...

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anyuta1

Difficult to advise as you have not added your country to your profile or bothered to say what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Anyuta1
Contributor
Contributor

Anyuta1
Contributor
Contributor

Anyuta1
Contributor
Contributor
So, my legal name has finally been updated on my PayPal account! It took one really good customer service rep named Raymond, who I spoke to on the phone this morning! Apparently they can update a name over the phone, which was done in my case!! Just unbelievable! It took almost two months of struggle and multiple other reps who for some reason could not help me at all, until I finally found a rep who was able to help me within a couple minutes and boom! - my name is updated! Thank you Raymond!! 😃
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.