PayPal will not use bank preferred funding source

Jackal999
Contributor
Contributor
I have set up my bank as my preferred funding source but no matter what I do when making a purchase paypal refuses to use it and goes straight to my debit card. The message Center said this was caused by my bank and when proved not to be, then said it was the merchant but it happens with every merchant, eBay, Royal Mail, Companies House, Apple. Now they say it was a one off as the item I was purchasing may not be secure but the purchase was for a stamp from the RM and it happens no matter what the purchase is. I have a second account with my wife which does allow me to have the bank account associated to it as the funding source. Indeed the purchase of online stamps was initially stopped by PayPal refusing to allow my Nationwide Bank as the funding source but when I switched my PayPal account to my joint one it then allowed the transaction via our Barclays Bank account associated with that PayPal account. Any advise would be appreciated or better still a contact telephone number to speak to a physical person would be better. Sadly the people at answering the message centre contacts haven’t a clue and contradict themselves constantly with the end result that I have spent nearly 2 weeks getting nowhere. J
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jackal999 

Have you confirmed the bank account with the 4 digit code?

Does the bank account name exactly match the name on your paypal account?

Have you had a failed bank transfer lately or at all?

Have you had a negative balance at all?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jackal999
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your reply! Yes I have confirmed the 4 digit code and the name is an exact match. I don’t know what you are referring to with the last two points, J
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.