PayPal support has not responded to emails or name change requests what do I do?

rustcity15
New Community Member

Hello, the last month I have been trying to change my name from my nickname to my real name because my funds have been locked until I prove my identity. I have sent in the required documents to do so, PayPal says they will review the documents and let me know within 4-5 days. After 2 weeks I heard nothing so I sent them again. Another week later and still nothing. Two emails later and still no response at all from support. I don't know what to do anymore. I would like access to my money again. Is all my money locked forever? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rustcity15

You can only change a name for a 'minor' typo OR a legal name change ie marriage.

If you used a nickname then you could never change it or verify the account and the funds would be lost to you.

If the documents you have sent in don't prove the nickname on your paypal account is your legal name then sending them was worthless.

The funds in that account belong to the 'nickname' and that person doesn't exist.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.