PayPal still displays old name on bank transfers

jmp3r96
Contributor
Contributor

I legally changed my name a few months ago. PayPal was able to update it on my end - I see the correct name when I log into my account - but when I check my bank transfers from PayPal, it still has the wrong name. Normally I would call customer service to sort out the issue, but I'm a student and have final exams coming up soon, so I don't have much free time. Any help on correcting this would be extremely helpful as I use PayPal regularly to pay rent with my roommates. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @jmp3r96,

Thanks for reaching out on our Community Form! I'm sorry to hear your old name is still showing on your bank transfers. Sometimes when your name is changed on your profile, it may not update on your funding sources. My apologies for this. If you remove and re-add your funding sources, your name should then update. If you run into any road-blocks, I would then recommend reaching out to our phone support to assist further. Good luck with your finals! 

Cheers,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.