PayPal requesting confirmation of identity

UAVPilot1773
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having a real problem in communicating with PayPal on the CIP and I cannot for the life of me other than providing said requested document to get them to go any further. It's as if they did not like my response so have cancelled my account. I'm just submitting a Canadian CRA document that shows the information they wish. If they want more or different such as noted on their FAQ - they have not asked. Anyone know how long this process takes? I've been off line since May 13 when they pulled the plug.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @UAVPilot1773,

I'm so sorry for any frustration this limitation is causing you. Due to fairly recent changes in Canadian laws, we are required to obtain very specific documentation: What is PayPal’s Customer Identification Program (CIP)? If we are unable to accept the document provided, it's possible that it doesn't meet the type of document needed or wasn't issued within the necessary time frame. The best option would be to go ahead and contact our customer service directly so they can review what has been submitted and assist you in determining what options are available. To do this, please follow the Help & Contact link at the bottom of the page, or you can also reach us on Facebook or at @AskPayPal on Twitter.  

I hope this helps and thank you for joining the Community!

Michelle 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

UAVPilot1773
Contributor
Contributor

Still no joy. I don't know what to do. I'm I done now with PayPal - are they refusing to deal with this. WHat other online payment options are there that have nothing to do with the extreme charges of visa, mastercard etc? Anyone have suggestions for another method of payment since paypal does not allow communications or resolutions to problems?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.