PayPal refusing to close my account.

Gig56
Contributor
Contributor

About 1 month ago, PayPal took $91 out of my account directly from my bank and transferred it to a random person. I contacted PayPal to cancel the money 11 times but they refused. I attempted to contact my bank and they refused to. I filed 3 seperate cases of fraud against PayPal and received back $61 of the $91 so far. PayPal alerted me that they did not give the $30 back to me the rightful owner but to the bank and now my bank wont return my money to me. I tried closing my PayPal account to stop them from stealing from me in the future but they placed a negative balance on my account and wont give me a reason for it.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Donna

Hello Gig56,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Help and Contact link at the bottom of every PayPal page to check what your contact options are. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

margiesmemories
New Community Member

Paypal is quite the entity I must say.  This is no compliment.

So what is your suggestion to closing ones account?  Call?  Nope!! your automated phone clerk refers one back to the internet.

WANT MY ACCOUNT CLOSED.  BEEN TRYING FOR 3 YEARS. THERE IS NO ACTIVE CREDIT CARD ON FILE, NO MONEY IN ACCOUNT WITH PAYPAL. NO OUTSTANDING BALANCES. NO BANK ACCOUNT.  EVERYTHING ON MY ACCOUNT IS ZERO.  WANT ACCOUNT CLOSED.   

DO NOT WANT ANY FUTURE BUSINESS WITH PAYPAL.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.