PayPal payment receipt sent to wrong eMail address.

Phat62
Contributor
Contributor
Several months ago I changed my primary eMail address on my PayPal account. My old eMail address is nowhere that I can see on my account info. When I purchase something everything goes through normally, merchants get their money, stuff ships BUT the payment receipt is sent to my OLD eMail address. I managed to talk to a real person at PayPal today and they insist that it is a MERCHANT ISSUE. I spoke with one of the merchants that I purchased from today and they sent me a copy of the payment information they received from PayPal and it CLEARLY shows that PayPal is sending the merchants my OLD eMail address as the PAYER eMail. How does this get corrected?
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Phat62 

Click on the cog next to log out and then notifications in the blue band at the top, just under is the new or old email address showing?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Phat62
Contributor
Contributor

The NEW address shows.

Today I ordered something from a completely new merchant.  Never knew they existed until today.

I used PayPal at check out and used my new eMail address on everything connected to the order.

PayPal payment receipt again went to OLD address.  😒

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @Phat62

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble. Is the email address listed on your account as the primary email address or a secondary email address? 

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Phat62
Contributor
Contributor
Tricia - I only have 1 eMail address listed on my PayPal account (no secondary) which is the new address that everything should be sent to. The old address doesn’t show anywhere on my account settings that I can see.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @Phat62

Hmm, that's odd. Please reach out to us so we can look into this. You can reach out to us on our Contact page, Facebook, or Twitter

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Phat62
Contributor
Contributor

Tricia - I tried the contact page.  That's why I'm here in "the community".  The help on the contact page is sticking to the script and blaming the merchants.  One of the merchants sent me the information they receive from PayPal and it clearly shows that PayPal is passing the wrong e-Mail address.

I don't Tweet and don't have a Facebook account.  Yes, I am that guy.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.