PayPal mobile app - can't reset PIN

doktor-tone
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - the PayPal mobile app on Android has recently decided that my login PIN is wrong, despite it working fine previously and not being changed. I can't see where in the app to reset the PIN (having logged in with my usual password). It's not in Settings/Login and Security, and activating the "Use PIN" switch doesn't prompt for a new PIN. I've tried an un/reinstall with no effect.

The suggestion at https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-enable-pin-login-from-paypal's-mobile-app-ts216... directs me to an option that doesn't exist, namely Settings/Login and Security/Change your PIN.

Any suggestions for how to re-enable PIN login? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_david

Hey Doktor-tone.

Welcome to the Community!

If you are experiencing difficulties when trying to change your mobile pin, can you please try logging into PayPal using a computer or laptop? From here, if you go to the Settings page on your PayPal account, you may have the option to remove your mobile device from your devices.

Once you have done this, then you can try deleting and reinstalling the app on your mobile device. When you try logging in again, you should be asked to create a new mobile pin to login.

I hope this helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

doktor-tone
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - Thanks for the reply @PayPal_david

I've logged into my PayPal account on my PC but I can't find a "remove mobile device" option - can you tell me where in my Settings I should find it?

The closest I could find was "remove mobile number" which I tried, then reinstalled the app, but no change - I can't change my PIN in the mobile app and the app still refuses my usual PIN.

Please let me know if you have any further ideas. Thanks!

Tony

@PayPal_david wrote:

Hey Doktor-tone.

Welcome to the Community!

If you are experiencing difficulties when trying to change your mobile pin, can you please try logging into PayPal using a computer or laptop? From here, if you go to the Settings page on your PayPal account, you may have the option to remove your mobile device from your devices.

Once you have done this, then you can try deleting and reinstalling the app on your mobile device. When you try logging in again, you should be asked to create a new mobile pin to login.

I hope this helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

doktor-tone
Contributor
Contributor

Fixed! 

These are the steps I took, although there might be a quicker route:

- uninstall app 

- re-install app

- go to phone settings, then Apps, select PayPal, click Storage

- click Clear Data (you'll get a warning about losing any logins, temporary data etc), confirm to proceed

- login in to PayPal app, reset PIN option should appear in Security settings

This may not require the uninstall/re-install, but that's how I got there.

Tony

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.