PayPal login fails for online purchasing

jimmyjomc
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal issue logging in… Hi, all of a sudden, in the last several days, I can’t make purchase payments online on (this) my iPhone 11 on the recent 14.6 software. So when a site takes me to PayPal to log in to make payment it will not log in, just keeps trying to load/log in with no success. If I try to login to PayPal online/website in general it’ll not log in either. But ok to log into the App. The app logs in no problem so it’s not an account login issue. If I log in in general on another/different phone, different sim and network provider, (Android phone or Apple phone) to my PayPal account on its browser, it logs in ok. So it’ll log in on any other phone or computer no prob via website/online/browser. I tried it using Firefox browser rather than safari (on my iPhone) and it won’t log in on Firefox either. If I go home and on to my Wi-Fi it all works ok. This means I can’t make any purchases on my iPhone using mobile data basically. I changed my Vodafone sim to another Android phone and it logged in no prob. PayPal, after a phone call, said it’s either the iPhone or Vodafone or both together. If I put the sim into any other device to login to PayPal on mobile data also and it works ok on that phone. It’s very strange! I have mobile data on and on for PayPal. Vodafone said if the data works on everything else then there’s no reason why it shouldn’t to log into PayPal. Apple said if it works swapping over the sims then is not the phone. Have you seen this at all??
Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

MikeyMnemonic
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve been having the same problem for the last fortnight,I’m able to log into PayPal when connected to my Virgin media WiFi at home using my iPhone 11 but cannot log in/Process payments via PayPal using my Vodafone Mobile Data at all,It gets stuck on the logging in process and goes no further.
Login to Me Too

jimmyjomc
Contributor
Contributor
Vodafone say it’s PayPal but when I put a Vodafone only sim into my phone to test it it failed also. I’m going to get back on to them now. Apple said the only thing to try at this time is a reset from new. Must me Vodafone. Have you contacted Vodafone yet?
Login to Me Too

Lewberry6
New Community Member

Having the exact same problem last few days. Vodafone sim, Iphone 12. Even tried upgrading to IOS 15 beta software but still same issue. Hangs on login, works no issue when on wifi. App works fine on mobile data just not browser paypal which is required for most merchnats. Tried a handfull of different browsers, cleared cookies, phone reset no luck.

I have however found a work around. It appears the exact point it is hanging is at the 2 factor authenticator stage, sms page loads in the background but there is a processing circle over the top that never goes away . For me it is at least. As soon as i disabled 2 factor authentification it logs in no problem on mobile data. I re-enabled it and couldnt log in again. I also contacted paypal via app messaged and refered them to this thread. I went back to update them with this info and they had already closed my conversation... Not an ideal soloution as my account is now less secure. Regardless of fault it is in paypals interest to fix this or work out why there system either isnt working or has become incompatible with either vodafone or ios...

Login to Me Too

Wotevs
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. Vodafone using a sim free phone. Happened on my old iPhone 6s a few weeks ago. Now same on my brand new iPhone 12 mini. Both sim free. Both Vodafone. I even ordered a new sim from Vodafone but that’s not made any difference. Has to be software bug as opposed to hardware or sim related.
Login to Me Too

jimmyjomc
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah but Vodafone won’t even look into it. I tried my friends Vodafone sim and it did the same. They need to look into it. I can’t be bothered even going back to them online so when I get a chance I’m going to email their complaints department and let them do a bit of work. It has to be a bug which Vodafone has or PayPal login doesn’t like.
Login to Me Too

Wotevs
Contributor
Contributor
I think you’d be better off emailing the library! Vodafone took 2 years to enable me to login to their app so I could see my bill. Shameful customer service. Hopefully PayPal will look into this (with them). Voda might take more notice from PayPal who has the financial incentive to get it working - the only reason people pay with PayPal over their bank card or Apple Pay etc is for convenience- if it’s impossible to transact on what is probably the UKs largest mobile network you’d think they’d make it a priority as the lost revenue must be considerable.
Login to Me Too

jimmyjomc
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah they’re not as professional as dealing with PayPal or Apple. You can certainly tell the difference in professionalism and knowledge, and common sense for that matter. I’ll email PayPal also or include them in the Vodafone email. The loss must be ever increasing is right. We have competition in UK/Ireland, which is good, but they’re all as bad as each other.
Login to Me Too

Wotevs
Contributor
Contributor
Nice one. I’ve just emailed PayPal too (via chat) and referred them to this thread
Login to Me Too

jimmyjomc
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.