Customer support

Lionell96
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I've tried to contact paypal through phone but they always hang up so i try to contact them via email but the automated bot always shows up. When he asks me if he could have helped me i choose "no, i need more help" and then it automatically closes the conversation and won't let me contact customer support in any way possible. What do i have to do now? Thanks

Login to Me Too
1,184 REPLIES 1,184

Steve2211
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you once again kernoless for taking the time to reply. Since discovering possible irregularities on my account I have had a very stressful time. I have had to also contact eBay, Amazon and Barclays Bank. Fortunately all these companies, whilst still operating a reduced service due to CV were very helpful. eBay for example had someone call me from Utah with an hour of my raising a query, Barclays had a slightly longer than normal waiting time but still acceptable and Amazon death with me via an online messaging system. 

Compare that to this shambles of a company. A messaging system that doesn’t actually message back. You are unable to raise a second message or query either without closing the first, which is deemed to be an acknowledgement that the first query was answered to your satisfaction ?!. A resolution system that requires you specify a transaction which is not always relevant, as in my case. I assume this is deliberately restrictive. I tried raising a complaint but after completing my form I was advised that the system was not working and a telephone number which will allow you to make various selections but will ultimately leave you cut off.

Finally the ‘community’. The point is customers should not have to resort to this if PayPal had a proper customer service. One that was fit for purpose. I can see you are a prolific poster, posting more than the other contributors put together. I am sure you have helped others just as much as you have helped me. But I would prefer it if PayPal who make in case you are not aware make huge profits, invested a tiny proportion of that on providing a customer service rather than relying on other people to do their work for them. A shiny red badge or whatever silly thing they award you for your time can hardly make that worthwhile. Please feel free not to reply.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Steve2211 

I don't take what you said personally, and enjoy a discussion.

I don't post on here to help paypal, I post on here to help the 'users' of paypal because it is often difficult to contact customer services.

Since covid the forum has been inundated with posts and due to lockdown I have managed to put in as much time as possible to help as many as possible.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Steve2211
Contributor
Contributor

Kernolass you are obviously a nicer person than myself and certainly have more free time than I. Whilst I accept you motivation is not to help PayPal that is, in effect what you are doing. Imagine if you hadn’t helped all those PayPal customers.? Sooner or later the company would be forced to improve the service to it’s customers. One definition of a dereliction of duty...’the shameful failure to fulfil one’s obligations’. I’m sure you can see where I’m going with this. Have you ever considered working for a charity ?  Using that time and your kindness for a good cause. Not to support a Multinational corporation to enhance it’s bottom line. That said I will bow out. But before I go I would just like to apologise if I allowed the stressful experience of dealing with the wretched customer service of PayPal cloud my judgement and I in any way offended you. Good luck.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Steve2211 

I do see your point but if you look all over the internet most 'companies' have forums so paypal is not an exception.

And to be honest its not just paypal i help, i have lost count of the number of scammers i have helped folks avoid when they have received fake paypal emails from 'off site' transactions.

You only have to look up some of these scams and folks have lost thousands of amounts of cash. If I can help them to recognise and avoid getting scammed then thats good for everyone and as none of the transaction would have been done using paypal then its not paypal i have helped.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

paullythe1
Contributor
Contributor

to be sure customer service needs to be improved. i think many will cancel their paypal and ebay accounts if it does not improve. there are alternatives.

Login to Me Too

Rivie40300
Contributor
Contributor

Here’s the number for PayPal support <removed> in the United States (I had to write it out because they removed the number when I put in in numbers format) I called the above number and spoke with a PayPal rep and got my issue fixed (After sending 1 1/2 in a message chat with a PayPal rep with them telling me there was nothing they could do). They were sending a login verification code to my old phone number so I was unable to login because I no longer have that number anymore. They removed my old phone number and added my new phone number to my account and I’m now able to access my account again.

Login to Me Too

Rivie40300
Contributor
Contributor

Here’s the number for PayPal support <removed> in the United States I had to write because they removed the number when I put in in numbers format

Login to Me Too

Please send me a phone number for live customer agent.  

Login to Me Too

golfteam
Contributor
Contributor

After ordering what was advertised as 12 MEGA rolls of toilet paper and not receiving I sent an e-mail to them.  Someone from Wehonga Trading e-mailed me back stating they could not find my order and to send them a copy that they had been paid.  I sent the necessary paperwork to them.  Then I e-mailed them to cancel my order as it had not been filled and return to my paypal account $44.98.  I contacted paypal resolution center the end of April and today after two and a half months the toilet paper arrived.  Twelve rolls of 2 inch by 5 inch rolls.  The size of a candy bar.  This is a complete SCAM and paypal has done nothing to stop this as I see numerous complaints like mine.  Why would they pay Weihonga after knowing this is a scam.

Login to Me Too

golfteam
Contributor
Contributor

Now it is 4+ months and paypal has still not resolved this problem with Weihonga Trading Co., Ltd.  Today they offered me half my money back which is not acceptable.  Paypal had gotten previous complaints about Weihonga Trading and instead of Paypal not letting Weihonga use the paypal method they continued to let customers purchase from this fraudulent company and pay with paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.