PayPal is showing the wrong shipping address....somehwhere in their system and NOT on my Profile!

JAJ77
New Community Member

I feel like NO ONE is reading the complaint I submitted!!!   This is NOT a billing issue it is a SHIPPING ISSUE. Paypal provided an address that is TWO YEARS OLD, causing the package to be delivered to TEXAS and NOT my address in Wisconsin. My paypal address IS Correct on my Profile! No one in the customer service area can explain where this old address came from...it cost $341 to re-route the shipment (we originally already paid $240 for the shipment and it went to Texas)- Can Anyone explain to me WHY the OLD address was given to the Seller and WHY?????  As recent as yesterday the seller logged in and it was still showing the address in TEXAS - where is that coming from and WHY????  My profile address is correct and has been for two years!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

Try contacting PayPal Support and tell them you would like to delete "old hidden gift addresses".

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

Try contacting PayPal Support and tell them you would like to delete "old hidden gift addresses".

I hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @JAJ77,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry for the frustration that you're experiencing. I'm happy to help.

The information that @Oregon11 gave is correct. These addresses get added when you use the checkout on some merchants' sites, where they request your address to be entered manually rather than carrying it over from your PayPal payment. The addresses are retained and will show up in the checkout of that merchant or sometimes other merchants who also use manually entered addresses. I regret that there isn't a way to edit or delete these addresses from your profile, and they would need to be removed by a customer support representative. You can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Samhandy1
Contributor
Contributor
Hi am having the same problem, was send to an old address, I can't get hold of the person there to see if they would send it back, is PayPal liable to refund me or were do I stand in regards to this Many thanks
Login to Me Too

NeedHelpNow2

Sadly PayPal staff are not aware about this problem. Spend over 20 minutes on hold while my customer service rep research it. 

While PayPal will delete the gift address. Many more steps are required for me and the seller to complete this shipment. 

Note:  PayPal's gift address is an INVALID address. (i.e. DOES NOT EXIST) it is a miss-typed version of my address. 

4 questions: - Where is it from (never had any other item not delivered because of an invalid address)

- Why did PayPal keep it?  ALL packages/mail are sent to my home for ALL PayPal purchases. 

- Why did PayPal give this, not my primary address, to this merchant (my 1st purchase with this seller)

- After 12 years with PayPal. For this purchase they give a new merchant a GIFT address and not my PRIMARY address. HUH?

Here is what I was TOLD TO DO.

1. Contact seller.

2. Have seller refunds payment

3. I resend payment.

4. Seller will then and ONLY THEN be given my primary address, (NOT THE BOGUS, INVALID ADDRESS).

Login to Me Too

pinkuni
New Community Member

using the chat, I was able to get it resolved in a couple of minutes. thanks for these posts!

Login to Me Too

Stef9119
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info Olivia...though "I regret" that I my soon have to switch to Apple Pay or one of your other competitors should this problem continue to occur! Just emailed your Customer Support team, though they did not make the link easy to find. Hopefully they will delete these stupid addresses Immediately because I've been having the issue for a Month!

Login to Me Too

FNBalbina

Why isn't this common knowledge and when is it going to be fixed so that users have control over their own damn addressbook?? I just spent over an hour with you customer service before they finally gave me an answer as to why these addresses are still there from over 10 years ago. This is absolutely unnecessary.

Login to Me Too

kd_1010
Contributor
Contributor
This is a permanent bug in their system which they have been desperately trying to justify using some senseless 'gift shipping address' logic. They would never acknowledge any technical flaw in their system and they have no channel to receive any bug reports from consumers. In fact the customer service is trained to convince customers it's their fault instead of escalating critical bugs like these, which could potentially result in your expensive online purchases being dumped at wrong addresses.
Login to Me Too

AmyHette
New Community Member
This just happened to me, as well. When I sent the request to investigate it, the message went to the seller when it was clearly not a seller issue. I was fortunate to contact the new owner of my previous address and get the item, even though they were complete jerks about it, but want something done by PayPal to fix this so it doesn’t happen again!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.