PayPal email

Karwai
Contributor
Contributor
Currently trying to list something on eBay. When I go to list it, an error message appears saying that there is an error with the PayPal email address. I've gone into PayPal and linked my eBay email to it, but it still won't do anything. Any suggestions?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Karwai 

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down near the bottom and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Karwai
Contributor
Contributor

Both emails on eBay and Paypal are the same. I've heard other people have had this issue. Kind of annoying as it's a simple process to buy things but when you actually want to sell something, they make it difficult

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Karwai,

Thank you for your post! I understand that you've checked to make sure that the email address on your PayPal account and your eBay account are the same. Have you gone through the steps that @kernowlass suggested. The field that kernowlass has mentioned is a separate field where it is possible that a mistyped entry would cause the issue that you're describing.

Thank you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.