PayPal continuing to use my "non-Primary" email address for payment notifications

Sallylm
Contributor
Contributor

I recently changed my email address, and changed it with both Ebay and PayPal (making it my primary email PayPal email address), but I continue to get notifications of payments from PayPal to my old email address (which I had deleted, but had to re-instate as it caused problems accessing a payment for a sale through Ebay).  I have checked the "notifications" tab in "settings" and my correct primary email address is showing, so I don't know why my old email address is still being used.  Can anyone help solve this, as none of the PayPal "help" pages can assist me and I can't get to speak to a real person!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sallylm

Sounds as if you have changed it on ebay and paypal but NOT on your auctions.

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down near the bottom and check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sallylm

Sounds as if you have changed it on ebay and paypal but NOT on your auctions.

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down near the bottom and check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sallylm
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks Kudos - I think that may have sorted the problem - my old email address WAS on the auction page of EBay (but it isn't now!)
Login to Me Too

busianfb72
New Community Member

I have checked the whole of my eBay and Paypal entries and they all show the correct email address.  However, I have just may a payment using Paypal and it says the notification will go to my old email address which I haven't used for years.  I find it really irritating that you can't email, speak to or contact Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.