PayPal changed my address

Geva89
New Community Member

Hello!

I used to live in Germany, but have been living in France for almost 3 years. I managed to change my shipping address to French one and I had my French bank account attached. I have been having no issues till today while making a payment and seeing that paypal changed my address back to Germany.

Just now I learned that I have to close my paypal and open a new account when moving to another country. But back then I didn`t know that, cause it was never a problem to add to paypal my French address.

What shall I do now?

Moreover, I would like to remove my German bank account, but paypal insists that I have some activity pending. Well, my German bank account has been closed since 2016...

Thank you in advance,

Marina

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Geva89 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country. (sometimes you can link another SEPA country bank account in Europe though).

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved.

Check if you have a subscription linked to that old bank account...

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Geva89 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country. (sometimes you can link another SEPA country bank account in Europe though).

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved.

Check if you have a subscription linked to that old bank account...

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.