cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal & PSD2 - What is PSD2 Strong Customer Authentication?

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: PayPal & PSD2 - What is PSD2 Strong Customer Authentication?

1. If you want to login you have to use the phone number, but if that number isn't valid you have to login and change it. :))))))))))

2. If you want to contact paypal you have to login... :)))))))))))))

3. But you can't login because u can't receive that verification code, so you need to login and change you phone number, but you can't, so get back to number one :)))))))))))

So the only thing you can do is to make another account, and at least write here in the community, where nobody read your message and if you're lucky you will receive an useless copy paste message.

Highlighted
Contributor

The Best I think is if I find a way to login, I just get rid of PayPal Account.
Highlighted
Contributor

Maybe I was lucky but after changing password about 10 times PayPal let me login. First things I did, I withdraw my money on credit card, then I changed the phone number and I could even add a Romanian phone, even if the account was made in Italy. So the solution I can give you guys is to change the password many times, not in the same day, and use different passwords.
Highlighted
Contributor

PSD2

Paypal are telling me that if I do not give a valid mobile phone for Strong Customer Authentication I will not be able to use my account. But I do not have a mobile phone, I don't need one or want one. How do I inform Paypal of that and are there any alternatives?

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: PSD2

Hi,

I am having the same issue, but I am unable to give them my new phone number.

I stopped using the old one which is the only one they have and now I cannot login into my account.

How did u contact them?

Best regards

Karolina

Highlighted
Contributor

This is just getting utterly ridiculous. The complete muppets at Paypal just can't even see how stupid and completely broken their systems appear to be for so many customers 😞

Having eventually managed to get a response to an e-mail sent to Paypal concerning this mandatory mobile phone nonsense and the related login issues due to not having one plus the simple fact that texts are not even being sent by Paypal to alternative landline or other numbers added, here's the really helpful reply:

>We have replied to your email
>
>New messages are waiting for you
>
>You'll find them in the Message Centre.
>
>Please don't reply to this email. This mailbox isn't monitored and you
>won't receive a reply. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account
>and visit our Help [URL deleted] page

Just how few brain cells do you actually need to work for Paypal ? Oh dear, we've got a customer who can't login sensibly and needs our help ... I wonder what's the best way to help them ... I know, I'll send them a message telling them to login to their A/C to read how to resolve their login issues ... That'll definitely solve their problems ... Yay me !!!!!!!!

In addition, despite changing landline phone service provider to one that includes text message delivery and then spending countless hours p*ssing about to get things changed over and fully working again ... Paypal are clearly NOT even sending these d@mn text messages out despite the on-screen confirmation stating that they have done so. Nothing whatsoever has been received from Paypal over several hours (never mind within the 15 min text validity window)  no matter how many attempts are made. I know for absolute certain that everything is working just fine for anyone else trying to call/text me any problem is down to Paypal.

Just in case that isn't enough to demonstrate just how STUPID THESE MORONS ARE, I'm also told to phone them on the number provided under "contact us" on the main page if I have any further problems. Well, the first problem is that there is no relevant phone number on the "contact us" page or indeed anywhere else. No e-mail. No phone. No usable help whatsoever. Very good at avoiding taxes tho 😉

It's beginning to look almost as though Paypal have actually been hacked hence the complete lack of any sensible response for months and the apparent 'encouragement' to change passwords etc ... despite this clearly NOT having anything whatsoever to do with whether phone numbers are being stored and/or updated correctly and whether text messages are or are not actually being sent out.

This stupid situation *REALLY* does need escalating to the appropriate Regulatory Body and/or Ombudsman in an attempt to force Paypal to deal with things properly and stop ignoring customers with fundamental problems accessing their accounts.

Highlighted
Contributor

put more people on the phones and not hang up on people or give them a option to change the profile phone number would solve the issue ??

Highlighted
Contributor

Yes my father has exactly the same problem. Doesn’t own a mobile phone, got locked out of his account, couldn’t understand the Phillipenes support contact so they sent him an email of how to resolve his issue which involved logging into his account and check for a message. They are a bunch of useless thick w@nk3rs. Will be complaining to the financial ombudsman on Monday.
Highlighted
Contributor

PAYPAL are not interested! FULL STOP. They have just shut me down on eBay. I cannot access MY money and after jumping through all the hoops for 5 days, this useless site will still not recognise me. Bloody Useless.

Highlighted
Contributor

t Re: PayPal & PSD2 - What is PSD2 Strong Customer Authentication?

If you can't log in because of an outdated phone number, change your password several times. With luck, it will take you directly to your profile after a couple of password changes. There you can change your phone number.

I swear I had already changed my number months prior to this, yet it still gave me my old number in the security check, and naturally I couldn't log in.
I'm going to message Paypal about this until they fix it, even though I resolved my own issue. It ticks me off that something like this is allowed to happen.

Paypal needs to up their game.