Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

Microbart
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal mobile app login security pages blank. I have a Google pixel for a 5G running Android version 11 with latest security updates and running the latest Play store app of PayPal. What is PayPal doing to remedy this issue???
Login to Me Too

54MH41N
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem, nothing fixes it. 1-1-2022 with a new Z fold 3 on verizon since 2008. This is dumb. Get real you're a security company and the only one who hasn't patched the saved password issue being broken for your login (something everyone else has fixed by now) and you're ignoring a major global issue with your PIN setup/Security/Login settings page in the app. Eat <removed>.

Login to Me Too

Kamikazi_mk2
New Community Member
I also had this issue until I realised what it was, it's a layout issue. Turn your phone sideways, and the captcha has enough space to display Rediculous that this is an oversight but at least there is a way around it, hope this helps
Login to Me Too

UsernameLink
Contributor
Contributor

@ Kamikazi_mk2:
Posted:
"...I also had this issue until I realised what it was, it's a layout issue. Turn your phone sideways, and the captcha has enough space to display Rediculous that this is an oversight but at least there is a way around it, hope this helps..."

I have rotation enabled (even tried it disabled) and the app will NOT get out of vertical mode, never has.

No matter what way I hold the phone, the layout ALWAYS stays in vertical mode.

So your "suggestion' does NOT work, and not sure how/if it even could/did, since the app is LOCKED in vertical mode.

Login to Me Too

nunoboy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the answer, but, unfortunately, it seems like the problem has another nature because he tried to use the google app to log in with two-factor authentification at the Stripe website and the app works perfectly, but there is still no code generation for Paypal, completely confused with that...How is that possible? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia
If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

GeorgeD1
New Community Member
Appreciate improving security but when 2G, 3G, 4G & 5G are NOT available how can PAYPAL access and transactions be completed.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @GeorgeD1,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience. The ability to receive the SMS would be needed to log in.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Euromiz

I can't receive the code because it appears that I've put in the wrong number when I signed up. I've never received any phone verification text obviously, so I haven't confirmed the number at any point. Now I'm locked out of my account. How do I correct that or is there a way to just provide the right number via email or at least access my account without the code?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Euromiz,

I'm sorry to hear that the phone number on your PayPal account is not valid. To correct that issue, please contact customer service.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

If you opt for calling by phone, you can select to call as a guest rather than log in. Sending a message via the webform would not be available without login.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.