cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal & PSD2 - What is PSD2 Strong Customer Authentication?

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: PayPal & PSD2 - What is PSD2 Strong Customer Authentication?

Nonsense. This isn’t the solution to the problem in question, just to a forgotten password.
Highlighted
Contributor

New PSD2 regulations - mobile number not updated, now cannot access account

Hello

I have two paypal accounts, one I've had for 8/9 years used for savings and some payments. Now every log in attempt comes up with the PSD2 screen showing my old number and I neglected to update it I cannot gain access to any services whatsoever. Is there some way of contacting PayPal? I am desperate, please help!

Chris

Highlighted
New Community Member

Re: New PSD2 regulations - mobile number not updated, now cannot access account

I live in the UK and access my bank, sainsburys, tesco, ebay and other shops online, yet NOBODY else has switched to this system.

If you wanted to find a way to lose customers then this is it.  I'm not going through this whenever I want to buy something on ebay for ₤3.  It's ridiculous.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: New PSD2 regulations - used landline OK, UK

For some months PayPal have been pestering me for a mobile number and giving every indication that it would soon be essential for PSD2 authentication and I was beginning to believe I would very soon not be able to use my PayPal account as I do not have a smartphone. That would lock me out of buying from suppliers who only accept PayPal.  Today, for the first time in many years of use, PayPal did require authentication of a payment but they did it via my landline phone by giving me a one-time number to key into my phone when they rang me. Very easy and if they continue with that system a glimmer of hope for those like me who do not use smartphones. Let's hope they continue with this system although it is unlikely to help all those respondents who gave PayPal a mobile number that they now find they cannot change!

Highlighted
Contributor

PSD2 - unable to log in due to wrong telephone number

Hi, 

Since the new PSD2 phone authentication was introduced (in the last few weeks?) I'm unable to log in to Paypal as my registered phone number is out-of-date (I didn't realise this as it wasn't previously required) and I have no access to the old number. Customer service will not answer my phone calls (the automated system keeps hanging up on me when I ask for an agent). 

Please can someone from Paypal assist, I'm currently stuck with no way to access my money with this new PSD2 requirement.

Thanks,

Luke

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: PSD2 - unable to log in due to wrong telephone number

Hi i also have the same problem with no way to update my phone number to get past the psd2 check, any help would be much appreciated!

Highlighted

I have been trying to solve this issue ALL day. I do not use PayPal that often so was pretty shocked when there was no other way to access the account. I was told I had to make a new account and then transfer the money from old to new but how can I do that if I cannot log in? 

Nobody has been any help at all! via phone, email, facebook and online messaging! Paypal please sort this out! You are robbing people of their money!

Highlighted
Contributor

Me too . Anyone who knows their email address?

Highlighted
Contributor

Got this and no way out. Has anybody just click to go through and see what happens when they ask for the code?

Highlighted
Contributor

Omg this problem is causing me so much stress can PayPal please get a solution trued phoning no use. I can't get live help because you need to sign in for that