Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

LukeDavenport12
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

Since the new PSD2 phone authentication was introduced (in the last few weeks?) I'm unable to log in to Paypal as my registered phone number is out-of-date (I didn't realise this as it wasn't previously required) and I have no access to the old number. Customer service will not answer my phone calls (the automated system keeps hanging up on me when I ask for an agent). 

Please can someone from Paypal assist, I'm currently stuck with no way to access my money with this new PSD2 requirement.

Thanks,

Luke

Login to Me Too

Aaron1985
Contributor
Contributor

Hi i also have the same problem with no way to update my phone number to get past the psd2 check, any help would be much appreciated!

Login to Me Too

reastwood2706

I have been trying to solve this issue ALL day. I do not use PayPal that often so was pretty shocked when there was no other way to access the account. I was told I had to make a new account and then transfer the money from old to new but how can I do that if I cannot log in? 

Nobody has been any help at all! via phone, email, facebook and online messaging! Paypal please sort this out! You are robbing people of their money!

Login to Me Too

Maangela
Contributor
Contributor

Me too . Anyone who knows their email address?

Login to Me Too

rob_mccartney
Contributor
Contributor

Got this and no way out. Has anybody just click to go through and see what happens when they ask for the code?

Login to Me Too

Songogo
Contributor
Contributor
Omg this problem is causing me so much stress can PayPal please get a solution trued phoning no use. I can't get live help because you need to sign in for that
Login to Me Too

Orion85
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue and seems that for Malta they don't have chat customer support! WTF!

Login to Me Too

federicop91
New Community Member

same problem....now??

Login to Me Too

Jeny2020
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

did anyone manage to find a solution, to update the phone number?

Login to Me Too

mario_zenox
New Community Member

I have the same problem...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.