Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

Alena2020
Hello, just wondering if you got this issue sorted? I have the same issue, I don't have my old phone an I can't get into my account and I don't know what to do. Any help and advice will be appreciated. Thank you so much!
Login to Me Too

Thing is,  we cant log into our accounts to update them! we cant even contact without logging in and we can not log in without the text . its a very silly move and should be addressed. 

Login to Me Too

Joefranky
The phone number linked with my PayPal account is lost & I can't access my account. Pls kindly assist by advicing me of other options available to gain access my account so I can update my phone new number. Kind regards
Login to Me Too

Thanhhuy1234
Contributor
Contributor
Ndndnmd
Login to Me Too

Dodobirdhjhljhl
Contributor
Contributor

I managed to solve it:

-Create another account (new one)

-Contact Paypal and say you can't login for the other account.

-Write the email of the account you cant log in to and the new phone number.

-Wait for them to change it.

DONE

You are welcome lads!

Login to Me Too

AndyBebb
Contributor
Contributor

Further to my [revious post, I have looked on the Financial Conduct Authority website. Their guidance says quite clearly thatpeople who do not use a mobile phone should not be disadvantaged, and that alternatives should be offered. 

I have never received any response form PayPal to my original post. I wonder why.

Login to Me Too

JoCaBa
Contributor
Contributor

Perhaps we should all make a formal complaint to the FCA then?

Login to Me Too

aychua11
Contributor
Contributor

There is absolutely no issue or complaints regarding my newly opened account but it was suddenly and unjustly put into "limited" status without informing me why.  I am guessing that this might have been done by an irate PayPal Customer Service Agent (maybe Emmanuel-he was the last person I talked to) just because he decided that he no longer wanted to provide the customer support regarding my previous account which was closed by PayPal despite still having money in it.  It was only $13.  Putting my new, fresh and clean PayPal account on hold is terribly unjust.  Its literally power-play just because Customer Service Agents know our limitations.    Now I am imposed to attach several information about me which could compromise my privacy.  In fact how can I trust PayPal to handle private information properly when their Customer Service Agents do things like this in a snap of a finger?

Login to Me Too

Theybtheivesher
Contributor
Contributor
They have 1000's of consumer reports about stealing people's money . My account had limitations put on it the day my unemployment hit their bank and no matter how much Proof I send them (state Id State issued Birth Certificate My Law firms paper work showing my social number ect.. they still refuse to release my funds . Well enough is enough and now I'm in the process of getting started class action law suit speaking with attorneys and gonna just kick back and let the interest pile up and focus on regaining my mental health back from all he issues and hardships PayPal has caused in my life .
Login to Me Too

Skrubbz

Why is New Zealand not on there?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.