PayPal account

Chrystal96
New Community Member

Hi, I’m new to the forum but I’ve had PayPal forever. Now it keeps saying “ my account has been closed and no longer active “. I can’t reach anyone for help. I’ve called but disconnected after 78 minutes on hold .  The , whomever, it is on chat thinks I’m crazy because he said only I can close my own account.  I’m sincerely confused.  I do all my shopping online and 85% of the time use PayPal.  They are the most reliable and back you up always.  That’s why I’m totally confused. I have know idea what I did or ordered. I did have a problem with a company that got a hold of all my credit cards while I was on vacation for New Years in New York last year. I only put my cards ,some cash and license in a little wristlet since we’d be walking everywhere.  My daughter lives in NYC and I’m in Michigan. Anyways back to my question. About this company, they racked up month after month of items. I did immediately call all 5 credit card companies and was told they were shut down and I would receive new ones shortly.  These were charges made when I was back in Michigan. Somehow they cloned the chip and were just waiting for the CC companies to send me the new cards,which meant they were done.  I contacted NYPD about this and there was nothing they could do nor say over the phone. I’d have to be there with photo ID.  So I bought round trip to NYC for $63, sooo cheap. I got there and told the detective everything.  He said all he could do was make a report for my credit card companies.  He also advised me to invest in a cfd wallet, wristlet or now they come in a credit card size.  It just blocks the theives from using their reader to see inside your wallet or purse.  He said their getting really creative now, especially when the CC companies issue new cards they can tell and get the code/chip number before you do. Anyways he wrote me a report and I photo copied it 5 times to send to all 5 credit card companies that were “hacked “ along with my plane ticket and all charges were refunded.  All n all it came to over $3000 . The detective said they, hackers, have a way of getting in your PayPal and eBay and recommended if I planned on using these regularly that I change the password immediately before the purchase and immediately after.  He said they are hard core and hard to locate because they are going thru the dark web with different VPN’s that show up from different countries, so they can’t be found.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.