PayPal account

rzsurzs1_
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve recently got rid of my old number , it’s blocked and I can’t log into my account because it says authentication needed ? And I can’t because it’s linked to my old number ? What do I do??
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dan666 

@rzsurzs1_ 

There has been a notice on my paypal account for months saying check your phone on the account as they are going to need it to i.d you so can't see why so many folks have not done that. Apart from the fact that as soon as i change a phone i update my legal financial accounts anyway.

However if you don't then.........

You would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky. (use the guest option if you can't log in).
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Dan666
Contributor
Contributor

hi i have it to and tried to ring up after all the options you ask to talk to a person and get cut off

Login to Me Too

rzsurzs1_
Contributor
Contributor
This is so stupid like
Login to Me Too

Dan666
Contributor
Contributor

yes i no and when you have money coming in to they need to pick up the phone and not cut you off if not maybe talk to your bank

or worst case take legal action

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dan666 

@rzsurzs1_ 

There has been a notice on my paypal account for months saying check your phone on the account as they are going to need it to i.d you so can't see why so many folks have not done that. Apart from the fact that as soon as i change a phone i update my legal financial accounts anyway.

However if you don't then.........

You would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky. (use the guest option if you can't log in).
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.