PayPal account linked to old email address

RebeccaCar
New Community Member

I tried to open a new PayPal account, having not used it for years, but my debit card is linked to an old email address which is now defunct. I need to speak to someone to close the old account, to then transfer my debit card to the new email address. 

I keep on getting a message saying they can send a new password to my old email, but I won't be able to access it. 

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Rebecca 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RebeccaCar 

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky.
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RebeccaCar 

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky.
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mysqtpye79
Contributor
Contributor

When I set up the PayPal app on my phone I only had an email address I’ve had since my early 20’s <removed>. I ordered the PayPal CashCard on the app &amp;amp; honestly forgot about it until it came in the mail. I’m now 41 so I created myself a new email address that’s more grown up &amp;amp; professional with my name (<removed>) &amp;amp; have switched most of the different accounts I had to my new email. So when my PayPal card came I accidentally registered/activated it to my new email. So now I can’t link the app, card &amp;amp; email together because some information is linked to the other account. I don’t know if I have to cut up my PayPal card &amp;amp; order a new one for my new email or if this is a simple fix. I’m also new to having a smart phone instead of an old flip phone so barely navigating that as well is making me crazy, my kids make it look so easy lol.! Thanks in advance for any advice or help..<remove>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.