PayPal - Worst Customer Service Possible

Davidp90
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying since 2 months ago to contact PayPal to access my account to urgently refund some customers. 

I use a different phone number and cannot confirm the text code.

I first tried Contacting PayPal on Facebook and Tweeter but they couldn't help and told me to Call customer service which is not possible because it's closed since Covid-19 started. I tried to call every day for several weeks and still closed.

Than I had the Idea to open another account to message them. Finally it looked like I found someone who could help.But NO! With PayPal support is not that simple.

In one message one person was guiding me in solving my problem, in the next message another one who didn't even bothered reading what the problem was, gave me other non related useless advice. It was one step forward, two steps back.

I told them people are opening claims and I need to refund fast.

After one person tells me to upload ID and address,and I will receive a call to solve everything, the next one is just telling me the proof is valid...Ok but what now I asked ? And the next one just sends me beginner advice on how to log in:

1. Go to www.paypal.com

2. Click Log In.

3. Click Forgotten your email address or password?

Really ?? I just told you I cannot confirm the phone number... But you did not bothered reading that. And what about calling me as promised? 

Someone else gave me an email address which I was supposed to contact from the email corresponding to the account I wanted to access(to prove the email is mine). I did that and guess what...They answered my emails with messages on the account that I could not access(in message center). How can I read the messages if I cannot access the account?? Funny right? Not for me...

You could think it cannot get any worse...of course it can, it's PayPal support.

Probably because of the unanswered customer claims they blocked my accounts and also banned me from opening future accounts.

And to even make it more frustrating they also stopped answering my messages.

Thank you PayPal !

P.S. - The legend says I'm still waiting for help

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

beekage
New Community Member

Hey, Im also experiencing this garbage customer service. could you give me the phone number you have? Paypal are telling me to cal them but the call feature has been reoved by paypal. cheers

Login to Me Too

Davidp90
Contributor
Contributor

<removed>

This is the number I used but after 2 minutes of answering questions from a robot they say Customer Service is closed due to covid-19.

Hope you'll have better luck than me! 

Login to Me Too

Davidp90
Contributor
Contributor

It seems this community is as useless as PayPal customer service.

Login to Me Too

fedup741
Contributor
Contributor

you are lucky to get an answer.

I've been on the message system since 2:19pm on monday, loads of messages saying 'Our agent will respond to your message within 1 hour.' but of course they don't. finally on wednesday an agent actually appeared on the message, said they needed to transfer me to another department 'please stay on the line' and that was it. follow up messages ignored until today, when a repeat of wednesday's fiasco.

must have had nearly 100 of their 'will respond' messages, but they don't.

the phone line is a waste of time, must have tried over 100 times, on three different numbers, all the same.

customer service indeed, now raising a formal complaint with their regulator on advice of FCA in UK.

Login to Me Too

fedup741
Contributor
Contributor

oh, and the 'person' who cut me off on wednesday said they could not make outbound phone calls as I had asked to be phoned, on the numbers they had, by a customer service manager.

can't make calls ??

haven't they paid the bill 🙂

Login to Me Too

fedup741
Contributor
Contributor

phone numbers I have used are

<removed>

<removed>

and the Dublin number

<removed>

all result in a conversation with the phone robot, who finally says he will transfer you, brr brr, crap music for a couple of seconds, brr brr, and then a spiel about covid, reduced staff, unable to transfer you to a human agent.

does not say anything about being closed, but might just as well be.

apparently the e-mail address for their regulator in Luxembourg is, according to the UK FCA ...

address listed but got this when I tried to post 

The message body contains **************, which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post.

waiting for a reply from them at the moment.

hope of some help.

Login to Me Too

fedup741
Contributor
Contributor

it appears that while Paypal cannot be bothered to answer their phones or their message system, they seem to have time to censor posts on the community, removing phone numbers and e-mail addresses posted to aid members to respond to their disgusting customer service.

I have noted this and it will be contained within my formal complaint as evidence of Paypals's actions to prevent customers complaining.

Login to Me Too

fedup741
Contributor
Contributor

not sure if this will work, 

0 T OO D J T P W 11

Login to Me Too

fedup741
Contributor
Contributor

anyone manage to work it out / get it to work ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.