PayPal Won't Make my Simple Name Change -- Can Anyone Tell Me Why?

prayncrochet
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to post once more to see if anyone at PayPal will PLEASE take action and make my simple name change that I've requested for weeks and submitted the legal documentation (TWICE).  When I keep trying to re-contact PayPal and ask them what else I have to do, I get a form letter instructing me how to do what I've already done!  Earlier this week, I posted about this but somehow ended up in the UK forum (have NO idea how) and the "volunteer rep" there again gave me the same directions though I told them I had already done that.  Then after I explained that (again), this person was VERY rude to me!  I don't understand why PayPal has "reps" that treat long-time customers this way.  All I am trying to do is to have PayPal correct my LEGAL name that they have the documents for!  I am honestly ready to cancel my account because of this but am trying the forum once more since I don't care to sit on hold on the phone, and shouldn't have to.  Can anyone tell me WHY PayPal won't make my simple name change, and can anyone actually take action to have them do this??  Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Randy

@prayncrochet,

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience.  If you're still unable to change the name on your account, I recommend contacting our customer service teams.  You can click 'Contact Us' at the bottom of any of our pages to get a phone number to reach us at, or you can contact us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/askpaypal) or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/PayPal).   My apologies for the inconvenience that this experience has caused.  😞

- Randy

Login to Me Too

prayncrochet
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, Randy.  It's so incredibly frustrating, because with all my credit cards and other accounts, ALL I had to do was to submit my legal documents ONCE, and they changed it within a few days.  But with PayPal, I've submitted them twice, as well as filling out the simple form on the site (since it literally is just a one-letter change to my first name) and venting here on the forum, but weeks later, it still is not changed.  And from the other posts I've read here, many others have had the same issue.  I truly don't understand it.  I honestly have very little time or privacy to make a phone call, and I don't have Twitter, so I'm trying to decide whether to cancel my account.  I've been a long-time customer and it's baffling to have PayPal continue to ignore my simple request.  But I do appreciate your responding in a gracious manner (unlike the rep on the UK forum where I accidentally entered last week).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.