PayPal Verification Businessman

anasinoman
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everybody.
Im a businessman, thanks to my job i can generate alot of money each month, and i have seen my partners who earn more getting their PayPal accounts locked because, somehow PayPal is not sure about what they do and they think they might do some illegal stuff.
I have heard there is a way to Verify my situation by showing to PayPal that the amount of money im making is totally normal and legit so they wont block me later on when the number will increase. I have seen also peoples getting really account banned for 6 months destroying their lifebusiness. Thanks for whoever will be on the willing to answer me and find a solution for my case. Have nice day.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
When you create your account you need to make sure and choose the correct Industry type, and provide any details they ask for about what you're selling. Also, make sure you provide relatively accurate estimates on the volume you'll be doing. For example, if you create the account and choose $1k - $5k, and you end up doing $30k, they're going to jump on that. If you tell them $30k, and you do $30k, that won't raise as many flags.

Same goes for as you grow. In your account profile you can specify the volume you expect to be doing. If you're doing $10k/mo for a while, and then you run a big campaign so you know it's going to jump, get back in there and raise that up to show them it's expected. Maybe even give them a call to be sure they know what's about to happen. Then if it spikes up a lot everybody will know what's up, and you shouldn't have as many issues.

If your product is something you're shipping so that you can provide tracking numbers, that will help. If not, communicate clearly with PayPal what it is you're selling and why it's not trackable. In such cases, especially with new accounts, you may have to deal with payment holds for a while, but eventually that would go away.

The point is, make sure your data is accurate and coincides with the volume you're actually doing, and communicate with PayPal any time you know you'll have a change in volume. You should be fine.

The same advice would be given for any payment processor you ever do this with.
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

anasinoman
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Well yes im online goods seller so i sell to peoples from all sides of the world, so its very practical to have tracking numbers for each buyer.. Because then what i show to PayPal? all the thousand pages for each guy who bought..? I dont see how can this be possible for me and for you guys to count all of them and verify if its legit or not, isnt there any issue for not have any problem? I mean if i change the monthly earnings you've mentionned before, i wont get account locked or have to pay extra stuff or something like that? 

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Okay, so if you do have tracking numbers for your orders make sure those numbers get entered into PayPal's system. You can use their system to print your labels if you want, and then that would automatically update their system with tracking numbers. They use APIs to check the status of tracking, so it's not like people sit there and manually check those things.
Login to Me Too

anasinoman
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, since im just dropshipping, how do i get tracking number for every customer, i wanted to say before its not very practical* Phone keyboard corrected me. It looks so hard to get paid into PayPal, cant you please find me a solution to be able to get paid here whit out getting problems from PayPal company? I mean if i enter the thing you have said me before of entering the 1k-5K thing for prevent you guys im going to earn this much, or why wouldnt i even put 30 000+ since the beggining , isnt it more simple?  

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
It's not hard at all. Create your account, make sure the information you provide on the forms they have is accurate, and make sure to keep them informed if your volume is going to change drastically at any point in time. You would need to do this with any processor you ever work with. It's a standard procedure. If it's hard then you're just making it hard on yourself. Don't do that. 😉

Login to Me Too

anasinoman
Contributor
Contributor

Ok Angelleye, if im right for not have troubles i need to change the amount of money i will earn before it happends, Tell me if im wrong please.
But how do i do that? for change the amount of money i will make, i searched for so long since you've told me that but i didint find anything! Thx in advance.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

1.  Login to PayPal.

2.  Go to Profile -> Profile and Settings.

3.  Under "My Business Info" on the left, click the Update link next to "Business Information" on the right.

4.  Adjust the Sales Venue(s), Average Transaction Price, Average Monthly Volume, and Percentage of Annual Revenue from Online Sales accordingly.

paypal-business-info.png

Login to Me Too

anasinoman
Contributor
Contributor

Ok i upgrated my account into professional account so i could follow your steps but i lost you when you said click update business info at step 3, i dont have same as you, can you explain more deep please? ty

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

YOU ARE in France so we assume you have a paypal account based in France,and you want t o sell worldwide,do you have a website?

you will want to link bank account and credit card as well.

you want to set your financial profile to accept foreign currencies and if you want to keep them as such or convert to Euros.

I believe eurozone country Paypal members once they accept $xxx ,they have to provide proof of identity ,which Paypal will have to comply so be ready to have such information like photo Id,ETC.

You said you are dropshiiping ,your suppliers will do the shipping for you,but if a buyer files a dispute of item not received ,you will be asked to prove delivery with an online viewable tracking from a commercial carrier,if you cannot,you will lose dispute and your money.

if they said item not as described,Paypal will ask them to return the item to you for full refund,so you need to provide a return address so they can use.

wil it be your addres or the supplier address,and how would you communicate with your supplier this is a return and you should get a refund so you can refund your buyer ?

are your suppliers in China?do you want them to return items to China or to you in FRANCE?

YOUR BUYERS COULD FILE DISPUTE WITH PAYPAL IN 180 DAYS,SO be sure you have your xxx covered.

If they go to their credit card issuer and fle a chargeback,you will pay $20 chargeback fee if you lose and they may not have to return the item.

If there are too many disputes or chargebacks,Paypal can ask for a reserve or rolling reserve or even restrict your account  for 180 days and return your money and that's goodbye forever.   

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.