PayPal Preauthorization?

OneBadWolf
Contributor
Contributor
I received 2 messages, on my PayPal account. Here's one, the other was the same, but for a different amount.

Preauthorization $xxx.xx CAD
On December 3, 2020, $xxx.xx CAD was preauthorized for a purchase on your card xx-xxxx. If it isn’t completed or it’s completed for a different amount, any pending amounts will drop off, usually within a day.

No Date or time, or even mention of who or what this pertains to. What a massive amount of BS. And of course, adhering strictly to their ongoing commitment to customer non-support, there is no way of finding out what is going on. An already pitifully puny amount of Customer Service is now further degraded with the COVID excuse. Like COVID can propagate through a online message. Too bad the secret preauthorizations do not appear to be hampered by COVID.

The unmitigated arrogance, of placing a hold on my funds for no reason they think I need to know about, is staggering. I'll bet the first time this " mystery hold" occurs to a politician, things will change.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Bschobeloch
New Community Member
Did you happen to get this resolved? I have the same issue and I’m trying to get my money back!
Login to Me Too

OneBadWolf
Contributor
Contributor

I was never able to figure out what it was even for.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.