PayPal Identity Token

May22nd
New Community Member

Where do I find PayPal Identity Token on my profile?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Nainah
New Community Member

Finally found it....

1. Go to the wheel on the top right corner and choose Account Settings from the drop-down

2. In the left menu choose "Website Payment"

3. Click the "Update" link by "Website Preferences"
4. Under the section "Payment data transfer (optional)" you will find the Identity token, if you have any

(If you don't have any, you have to create one. Then you have to go to Tools > Business Setup, and follow the guidelines.)

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

Nainah
New Community Member

Finally found it....

1. Go to the wheel on the top right corner and choose Account Settings from the drop-down

2. In the left menu choose "Website Payment"

3. Click the "Update" link by "Website Preferences"
4. Under the section "Payment data transfer (optional)" you will find the Identity token, if you have any

(If you don't have any, you have to create one. Then you have to go to Tools > Business Setup, and follow the guidelines.)

Login to Me Too

drwebde
Contributor
Contributor

You saved my life! I was looking for the Identity Token for hours, literally. Thank you!

Login to Me Too

freebird69
New Community Member

Thank you so much! I love hidden stuff and now I have to search for Tools > Business Setup... ??? Boy, this is fun!

Login to Me Too

rstang
New Community Member

PayPal makes this harder and harder and never updates their instructions to generate an Identity Token. Seems every year PayPal changes how to do this and never updates the instructions... SO in July 2021... How do you generate an Identity Token?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.