PayPal Customer Service is an absolute joke, literally non-existent.

letsgoincircles
New Community Member

I have had to make a new throwaway account just to be able to post here.

I have not been able to access my main paypal account since Feb 2020.

I had to change my phone number, this is where my troubles began.

When I attempted to login to my account.. I have only 1 option to verify, and that is to the old phone number which i no longer have access to, hmm.

I clicked the "other ways to verify" option, but oddly enough my email address isn't an option to receive a code, how stupid.

Initially I was able to get into live chat, I was told they cant change my number over chat, nor could they add my email address to verify with a code. Subsequently told me the only was that I had to pick up the phone and call, they even gave me the number; cool, ill try that.

I call the number provided, I sit through 5 minutes of a recording which you cant skip, and is completely irrelevant.

Finally, I can select my options, I get transferred; then another automated message says "due to covid-19, we are unable to help at this time" *hangs up*..

Hmm ok, fair enough, early days in Feb and everything had closed down in the US. I guess I have to wait a bit, perhaps such a large company with over 22,000 employees will work something out to do with customer support.

I kept trying to call for the next few weeks, same thing; so I give up for a while.

Meanwhile there are automatic payments I cant manage, funds sitting in my wallet, and I am unable to purchase anything online through paypal because I cant login.

6 months later, here I am today. Ill give it another go. I call the number and hear "We are experiencing high call volumes". Wonderful, I think to myself, maybe ill get through to somebody! Nope, Same Deal.

I called 5 times, selecting different options each time, hoping to get through to a human, but they all end up in the same spot, an automated message saying that I cant be helped, and then the call hangs up.

I also just tried to give live chat another go, but apparently you can only do that if you login, that's new. Now, what if somebody cant login? and that is why they are accessing live chat, and they are required to login? That seems dumb.

I'm so god damn frustrated, I don't know what else to do here. Id gladly, and simply make a new main account, but I would need to get into the inaccessible account to cancel the automatic payments, permissions given and transfer the wallet balance out.

PayPal, you <removed>.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Textiler
New Community Member

I'm so frustrated too! I'm having an issue with my name in Paypal as I got married and changed my name. It could be easily resolved but there is absolutely no way to get in touch with Paypal! I have a balance of money with them I want to access but there is no way whatsoever to talk to them! It's absolutely ridiculous and I'm looking at switching payments provider for my business now. I will have to take Paypal to the Ombudsman to get this resolved.

Login to Me Too

robot1
Contributor
Contributor

It is not a joke, it is a robot! Can't talk to anyone, can't get anyone on the phone to fully explain any problems. Can't even get an Indian to talk to.

Login to Me Too

NoHelpAtAll1
New Community Member

Same. Their chat people just respond with form messages and don't understand the problem, then end the conversation whenever it suits them - and there's no way to re-open it or follow up. How can a financial service company be allowed to have no way of actually talking with them?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.