Pay after delivery

amylouise11
New Community Member
I’ve just signed up for pay after delivery and have been reading through articles and have confused myself. What websites can it be used on as all of the ones I have looked on I can’t see it as a checkout option? Thank you
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@amylouise11

Normally when you pay a seller it is NEVER instant, paypal CREDIT the seller and then Paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from your funding source, normally takes about a week from your bank account > Paypal.

With PAD the seller is STILL CREDITED the funds in advance, (the seller does not even know you are using PAD). No seller would post an item before being paid. PAD is between you and Paypal.

Paypal are the ones that offer it, they don't offer it on every transaction and you can only use it when they do.

Funds leave your account at 14 days in which time your item 'may and normally has' arrived. You have no more 'buyer protection' than any other buyer.
Its basically a 14 days interest free loan provided by Paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

amylouise11
New Community Member
Thank you 🙂 do you know anywhere I can use it? As it sounds like a good idea, but I haven’t seen anywhere yet and I’ve been looking
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@amylouise11

Did you actually read what I posted??

Its offered by PAYPAL and not individual merchants, you may be offered it on one merchant one day but not the same one the next day.

That is because Paypal decide when / where and how often they want to offer it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.