Pay after delivery option missing

Millan77
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I've been using pay after delivery for a while and for some reason last week its stopped showing on my options when paying. I know I've used it a lot lately so could have hit some kind of limit but does anyone know how to change this or rectify the problem? Can't find any way on the PayPal website and staff don't always give you a straight answer.
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Millan77 

Its not offered on every transaction and you can only use it when it is, I guess thats down to paypals cash flow status at the time of your transaction maybe?

However they often withdraw that option if you have had a failed bank transfer or negative balance at all recently.

Personally I never know why folks like it, it gives you no more buyer protection whereas if you fund your paypal payments via a credit card then that does give you a second layer of protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Millan77
Contributor
Contributor
Hi yeah I know certain places don't accept it but the ones I do (ebay etc) do and I've only ever missed one payment which was about 4 years ago. I use it about 4-6 times a week and just last week all sites stopped showing it as an option. I just wish there was a way of showing why its stopped or how to increase/Confirm my limit. Last time I rang PayPal about it (when I missed the payment) the PayPal advisor just kept saying there was no problem at their end and that it was still available to me even though it clearly wasn't which is why I've refrained from ringing them this time.
Login to Me Too

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Paypal discontinued  PAD/USA  years ago,could they have done the same with UK?

As to why some prefer to use PAD instead of credit card,at least for those in USA,they said they do not have credit card or cant use the card,and they time their paycheck with the time of payment.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Teslafan101 

PAD is available in the UK.

If it was discontinued as it has been in the U.S and Canada then I would have said so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Millan77
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah as far as I know it's still available in the UK, I'd like to think PayPal would contact users to let them know if it was being withdrawn. Bit the bullet and Spoke to PayPal this morning, they really don't like to give any resolutions other than a generic trained response. Apparently security sometimes withhold certain payment options as a security precaution, which I'm totally fine with but what is annoying is once you contact them to let them know that it is you making these payments and everything is above board they simply tell you that they can't override any holds and to just "wait a while" 🤷‍♂️
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.