Passwords

FrankBurgess
Contributor
Contributor

Can anybody explain to me why the password I have used for years is now no good for a new account. Don't say it makes it more secure this new password, because it will be something I can't remember and I will have to write it down. For convenience to have it always with me I will write it down where? On my bloody computer, my tablet,my phone and in my wallet. Don't these people think. They can't stop  pedophiles from using Paypal but they can stop me using my preferred password that has served me well.

These  guys have  been so good for so long and now they just follow the small thinkers.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

hiestaa
New Community Member

I have the same issue. My password suddenly became invalid (one I've been using for months and wrote down in a password manager), and then got unable to use the password scheme I got used to because it is too long.

Why disallowing spaces in the password, and why limiting it to 20 characters?

Paypal now counts as one of the services that lower internet security by encouraging us to use passwords that are easy to guess and hard to remember. That sucks. Please, hashing doesn't take much processing power and memory is cheap, can we have 60+ character long passphrases that can actually be remembered without writing them down?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.