Password Changing

ArdeurXD
New Community Member

I was in discord and a person approached me and asked me if he/she can buy my most expensive fortnite account, since I don't play fortnite anymore I said sure. Then he sent me a pic when he sent me the pic i recieved a security code so i sent him the security code. but after that i recieved an email by paypal saying that i changed my password so I rushed towards my phone and changed my password as fast as I can. I am here to ask if I change the password will it log out the unauthorized user?

scammer.PNG

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ArdeurXD 

If you received an email that the password was changed, how were you able to change the password again because you'd have to know the new password to access the account, no? I highly doubt PayPal system would boot someone out when a password is changed unless they exited the site/logged out or the session timed out on them and they try to log back in and can't since password was changed again.

Please stay away from or be extremely careful when using/selling on Discord; some creepy, predator scammers/fraudsters be up in there trolling for game account seller victims with high value accounts.

Contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Also monitor your linked accounts for any suspicious transactions.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.