PaPayl customer service sucks

madling
Contributor
Contributor

To everyone who is using PayPal. After this, PayPal might shutdown my account or whatever. But I DONT CARE ! because i want to let everyone knows how suck their customer service is, especially the resolution team or whatever restriction resolving team. 

Let me tell you guys a little bit of the background. Me and my sister are twins, having the same name but different middle name. I have paypal account, but she didn't (she likes using Venom, cut it is easier). We are going to Asia next week, and we want to put the money together in one bank account, so we don't have to bring all our cards and a bunch of cash for buying some foreign currency in the airport and use it when we were in Asia. 

Since Venom doesn't allow us to to send over $2000, and I have exceed my limit on sending out money, so I recommended my sister to create a Paypal account. She created an account, but using her nickname, so our friends won't be confused by who they are sending money to. Both of us didn't know that it will cause a huge problem after setting up a PayPal account with a nickname, since she is not going to apply for a credit card or whatever. 

After she created an account, she tried to send me money, but PayPal doesn't let her to do so, i guess it is because it is a huge amount of money, and she is a new user, so I send it to her, which successfully go through. However, she was not able to transfer the money back to her account nor her debit card. She called PayPal, and PayPal customer service asked her to verify the address. She sent them her insurance bill, but it is with her legal name. So PayPal recommended her to change her name. She uploaded her passport, driver license as well as her address proof. 

This morning, she called again and asked if everything okay, cus we need that money, and we will be leaving in three days. The customer service guy was so grumpy, and giving her attitude, telling her that she is not able to resolve the problem, cus it cannot proof that she is the account holder, and they have to shut down the account and refund the money back to my credit card. And he has that bad attitude by telling her "YOU TELL ME! WHAT CARD YOUR SISTER IS USING." My sister was angry, but still trying to stay calm and answer his question and as well as asking some question to make sure the refund will come back to me. This kind of conversation is super unpleasant, i am listening all these right next to my sister. 

Since they shut down my sister's account, we tried to open a new account for the money transfer. PayPal doesn't let her to link any of her cards, because it was linked to the "SHUT DOWN" account. we called PayPal again, there is another lady, not just being grumpy, not listening to what I said,  but also assuming that we are one person, cus our accounts are under the same name. She said " I know that MIGHT be your sister, but what we see, is that we think you are playing around the accounts and sending a large amount of money." My sister said "We have different address and different phone number, how come we are the same person?" She said "There is nothing we can do in this circumstances, you have to use methods other than PayPal to transfer your money." 

we were shocked not only about what she said, but also her attitude. 

I assume, they have already black list my sister, because of her trying to open two accounts to receive my money, and assuming that we are the same person. All her cards are not able to link to her new accounts, and their customer service is the worst customer service ever. Even DMV officers are better than them. Who they think they are? They are just earning money from their customer, and customers deserve a better customer service from a big company like PayPal. 

I am posting this everywhere even PayPal is trying to block my post.I tried to let everyone knows how PayPal treat their customers.  

FYI, we were doing a survey talking about this situation and said they we are not going to recommend PayPal to our friends. Guess what happened. it sad it couldn't process. What a funny system. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@madling

So your sister opened a legal, financial account with a nickname???

Then she can't withdraw the funds because the name on the account has to match the paypal account name and it doesn't so she can't verify that paypal account??

Her account was limited so you then again broke paypal rules and tried to open another paypal account in her name?

Paypal won't let her because she has already been limited.

And all that is Paypals fault....really???   Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

madling
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Dear, @kernowlass Please read the paragraph about PayPal has shut down the first account after they said that they could let do a name change. And as the Grumpy guy from the customer service said that we could open a new account under a legal name to transfer money. And when we called the second time, no one said that we are not allow to open a new account after the first one was shut down. I understand that it’s our fault for using a nickname for the first account, but it is not acceptable that they said they couldn’t help updating the legal name, when we have all the supporting documents. And also the grumpy guy and lady who work for the account restriction customer service team, giving us attitude and being grumpy to us is what **bleep** us off the most.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@madling

Yes they can do a name change, BUT for minor typos OR legal name changes ie marriage.

I guess they had not expected someone would open a legal financial account with a nickname.

And yes if that was the case you would have been able to open another account until they realised that it was a nickname and so limited the account.

No excuse for grumpy guy but guess as a paypal customer services agent he gets a lot of abuse etc  Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hello everyone,

I definitely understand your frustration - your account of what has happened is not how we want our customers to feel or be treated. I'll ensure your feedback is passed along for review. In addition to that, if you could please provide details regarding the survey you were completing, we'd like to look into this issue as well - not being able to submit surveys about negative experiences will not allow us to improve. Was this a survey you received after calling in, or was it something that came up when you visited the Community?

Thanks for your time and for sharing your experience.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

jagluck
Contributor
Contributor

i have been trying to get an business account ready for my business sites since last 2 months - they could not support me and no proper answers to my questions and when i provide all correct credentials too - they dont bother - so their service is a nightmare for me from the beginning - dont know how they will drive or comtete with the new players .

sorry guys - i am not sure about your ability in handling new customers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.