PSD2 - verify the phone number BEFORE making it the only verification option

Temp20210517d
Contributor
Contributor

Why did this seem like a good idea to anyone at PayPal when combined with mandatory log in for support by any channel? I can't even get through to a human on paypal's support phone number without being able to log in. before sending me the normal copy/paste answer, I have tried all the following:

- logging in via the app (No I do not have touch ID enabled)

- logging in on different browsers

- trying repeated password resets

- logging in on multiple days 

- calling support

- messaging support on facebook and twitter

- rotating three times clockwise, and facing north during a full moon

- logging in via developer.paypal.com

- logging in via community.paypal.com

- offering my first born for sacrifice 

- did I mention trying to get support by ANY CHANNEL whatsoever? 

- Naturally I cannot make a new account either as my accounts are linked to my existing one. 

I can safely say I am now rooting for any competitor that can succeed in putting paypal out of business. But I need to make one purchase from a webstore that only accepts paypal, so in the meantime if anyone has actual advice for getting back into my account, much appreciated. 

P.S. the only reason paypal is in this mess now is because they turned a blind eye to the amount of scammers using their platform for over a decade, happily taking their fees (and in many cases, eventually closing the account and pocketing it's contents). Never use paypal if you operate a business! 
Took tens of thousands of dollars in 'damages' from these people with no warning: Solved: Paypal too...

Took an unknown amount of money from this guy for no reason: Paypal took funds for "damages" after l...

This is truly crooked.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.