PLEASE HELP - Received an email saying I owe an unpaid Debt to NCRI - Is this a scam?

Robjamesb
New Community Member

Hi Everyone, 

Please help because this is causing me quite some stress.

I have a Paypal account under a very old email address I never use.  In fact, when I try and use this email address to log-in to Paypal, I cannot log in anymore.  Even if I click 'forgot password', it won't even go to the next page to try and find my details.  It has my very old address at the top when I was in University.  This was whilst I was in Canada, and now I am currently in the UK.

How do I get in contact with Paypal to solve this, is this even real?  The email is from ncri collections.

The email says the following: 

COLLECTION NOTICE

This letter serves as confirmation that NCRi Inc., acting as a duly authorized agent of PayPal Inc., has received your outstanding account for collection proceedings.

As of the date above, we have been retained by PayPal Inc. for the purpose of a) contacting you and b) collecting the total past due amount of $141.16 within Seven (7) days from the date of this letter.

Should you fail to pay the above amount collection proceedings will continue and be escalated accordingly.

Contact us to discuss how this may impact you or forward your payment immediately to National Credit Recovery Inc. using one of the following methods
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Kore_Bun
New Community Member

Have you ever had any word on this? I too received one and am very skeptical. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.