PLEASE HELP !!!!! CAN'T FINISH REGISTRATION !!!!!!!!!

worldofwondercb
Contributor
Contributor

PLEASE would someone help!!!!

I've looked for an answer to my question, but I can't get them to work!!

Basically I'm in the UK and am in a business partnership with a friend.  We don't have a company registration number as asked for to setup a business account.   have read that a partnership agreement will do, but that isn't shown as an option in the setup.  Something I read said to change business type to sole trader to get passed the problem, but that isn't right!  The system should allow for UK partnerships that aren't registered.

Can anyone help please as the setup is so long-winded, I'd love to just give up.

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

worldofwondercb
Contributor
Contributor

I am reading posts from way back to 2011 from people with the same problem!  If this is such a common problem, surely an update to the registration process is needed for UK partnerships!

Login to Me Too

Ontarget1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Did you get this resolved?  I am having the same issue and don't know what to do.  Having spoke to Dinesh on an online help chat it was clear that he didn't understand the problem.  He wanted proof of partnership but we are a husband and wife team with no formal agreement and what paypal wants me to input to resolve this is a business registration number which I cannot provide.  It is beyond frustrating as it is clear that I am not the only one experiencing this problem.  Do they want our custom??

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hello worldofwondercb,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of every PayPal page. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

PK2021
Contributor
Contributor

Same for me and my partner. They do not get the issue and just think your lying, inept when you explain how UK partnerships work and that you can just use the drop-down menu to change the business type!!

No advisor can give you an answer as they don't know??

Aviod business registration if your a UK partnership! Take your business elsewhere.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.