PAYPAL WANTS ME TO COMPLETE 2 STEP SECURITY BY TEXT MESSAGE EVERY TIME I LOG IN

tranquilearth
New Community Member

Paypal sends me a security code by text every single time I login. I don't have the 2 step verification logon enabled on my account. I even contacted paypal and they said they would send me a text and I had to read it back to them and then it would be cancelled. I checked this while the person from paypal was still on the phone and it didn't work. She said everyone in the UK is having to have a verification text sent to their phone but I know this isn't true. It even says on paypal it may only happen occasionally not EVERY time you login. What is going on? Why are they doing this? I only want to check my balance. I also have to do it a lot when making payments on ebay. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it? I've tried going into settings and none of the options work. It only gives me the option to set up 2 step verification and I want to disable it. Please help.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.