PAYPAL KEEPS SAYING MY TAX ID IS WRONG

bcosta1987
New Community Member

Hi All, I am trying to set a bank account on my paypal, but paypal keeps exclaiming that my Tax ID is wrong, even though it is not.

I have tried to change my business name, on every possible way, even created a new account, with my name in CAPS, as in my ID and business registration, but still, even on this new account, Paypal says it is wrong.

I am pretty sure that it is because the field i insert the tax id adds automatic DASHES to the number. If i exclude these dashes, I am 100% i will succeed, because my bank number as well has dashes, but if i add them, paypal says its wrong, but if i delete, paypal says that it is correct.

I contact the customer service, but now because of this covid situation, they are taking about 5 hours to reply, and it is impossible to set, besides the fact that they are not being helpful at all.

A phone number from paypal disappeared, google does not show it. Noone to contact and help me on this issue

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.