PAYPAL ASK ME SOME INFORMATIONS I DONT HAVE

Icho78
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have a Paypal business accoount created in France i think about 15 years ago. I live now in Thailand since 10 years but i want to keep my Paypal account in France. My Thai bank dont want i create a paypal account linked to my bank account.

Paypal ask me to fill some informations before 8 july, like the SIRET (French registration number of my company)

But i don't have any company. I sell my stamps on my website and the visitors can pay with credit card.

Will paypal close my account ?

Is it possible to work my website with a normal account ?

Thanks for your answers

Icho

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

AndrewCM
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal will limit your account if you can not provide the information.  They have no real people to help you, it is all automatic without much control in what they do or finding out why.  I can tell you from my experience in Thailand, from a business that was started in America.  I was unable to get the Thailand government to register my business here (not being a Thai person).  Paypal insisted that I provide a legal document from a country that did not provide legal documents to non Thai's because my Paypal account was now used in Thailand. I even had the government department write a letter saying they were asking for something that did not eist. PayPal did not answer, they just limited the account.

You will need to change it from a business to a personal account to regain access to it.  Probably better to downgrade to a personal account before hand.  It is a pain I know, Paypal started to allow people to start an online business, and now require a registered business to have a business account.  As a side note, because I did not change from a business to a personal account on my own (how would I know right? Paypal never tell you the reasons why they pull this **bleep**).  Now every month they limit my account due to "unusal activity" and make me upload the same photo ID, the same description of my items sold, but new details of shipping from customers from the previous month.  They done this for the last 4 months each month.

Hope this helps.  I am guessing that it will be easier for me to open a new PayPal account, rather than go through all this flagging and limitation of the account every month.  Downgrade before they do it to you as well

Login to Me Too

Icho78
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your answer.

If i go back to a personal account, i worry about the limitations.

- I don't have the rate but it seems that a personal account have more fees.

- For a specific sale, i have some subscriptions, and i just read it's not possible on a personal account.

- Is there a limit or payments received per year ?

- Can i use a link payment on my website with a personal account ?

I have read today Paypal will launch new accounts in 2021.

Was thinking to create a company 100% owned by my wife with no staff. And create a paypal account to her name.

I know that thai government want to control and tax bank account used for business, and i try to find the best way.

Icho

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Icho78 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.