Opt-out 0f crypto option.

MeDeron
Contributor
Contributor

How do I disable or opt-out of any crypto activity.  Unless PP offers 100% Money back Guarantee. THIS MAKES MY ACCOUNT LESS SECURE just like Zelle and Venmo at bank.  In addition CRYPTO outside of over speculation is only good for criminal activities.  Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @MeDeron. Thanks for taking the time to add your question here on the PayPal Community Forum. I will do my best to answer your question.

I'm sorry for any misunderstanding, but there is no need to opt in or out of buying (or selling) cryptocurrency via PayPal. The ability to buy and sell cryptocurrency is available to anyone who owns a Personal PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus account with no need to opt in to take advantage of that aspect of the service. The ability to buy and sell cryptocurrency also does not impact the overall security of an account since purchases and sales are conducted with PayPal, not with any outside exchange.

Just like other services PayPal offers (including paying for online purchases, receiving payments, holding currencies in addition to your local currency, money requests, invoices, the PayPal Cash Card, etc.), there is no requirement that a customer use them, but they are available and they do not impact the security of an account.

I hope this helps to clarify things. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.