Only have landline / PC, cannot get log in / 2FA issues resolved, customer phone line cuts off

MagicBadger
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, please can someone help me. I have searched through all the forms of advice I can find, I have had a very long and frustrating 'conversation'  in the message thread system which did not answer my fundamental issues. I got a final message telling me to speak to a human, with the customer service phone numbers. But I have tried to get through for days, I cannot get through. It won't even let me wait.  I'm just told to go back to the same online support that told me I needed a real person, then cuts off the call. 

1) I do not have a mobile phone and the new log in verification system won't work. I cannot get my account to recognise my landline as my priority phone, and I am not allowed to NOT have a mobile in the settings (I just filled in the box with my landline number again for the sake of having a number). I just found out I can't change my phone settings unless I have at least two phone numbers. Is there no way I can use Paypal just with a landline?

2) I was told to download the VIP Access verification generator, but to set it up Paypal instructs me to put in a manual code into the VIP site, but won't tell me where I am supposed to put it. there aren't any input boxes anywhere.  Does anyone know how to make that work? 

3) How can I get through on the phone lines? What do you have top do / say to get to an actual human?

If anyone on this board can help with any of this I would be very grateful. I have disabilities with no support and this has been shredding my head.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MagicBadger
Contributor
Contributor

Just to update this in case anyone ion the same boat does a search. On another thread about the same topic a member called HBone went above and beyond to get this issue sorted out with Paypal, and succeeded! Scroll down for their post on this thread for the list of new instructions which use VIP Access code generation. It was previously impossible, and now it is straightforward and it works. There are a lot of people affected by this, so I want to flag up this info. Thank you once again to the intrepid and determined HBone for getting this sorted. 

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/My-Account/No-Mobile-Phone/m-p/2336411#M94999 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.