New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
To log into my account it sends a code to an old telephone number, so I cannot log in and I go round in circles, any ideas how to solve this?
seems like more people having this issue. But hey, pp doesnt give a f 🙂 You cant call them, cant email them, dont get any answers...How much money thety make with this you think? I think a lot:)
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Use the forgotten password option.
3. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
4. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
5. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.
Contact options for Paypal at the moment are...
Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky. (use the guest option if you can't log in).
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.
Hi. I felt the same, but this issue may be solved easyly. You can contact PayPay via an exist account. If you write them without account, you will not get answer. My girlfriend had this issue, and i wrote message from my account. Help desk answered within some hours. The best way to solve your problem is via "the logged out chat". Yeah it is difficult to find. I tell you how to reach them:
1. Go to https://www.paypal.com/sk/smarthelp/home
(it is for europeans, for americans only the american paypal can help)
2. At almost bottom click on Contact Us -Contact Customer Service
3. From 'common issues' (normally you are there now) select 'Password and account issues'
4. Click to 'login problems'
5. Scroll down and click on the 'message us' bubble.
and now the important part:
6. There is in the pop up window 'chat us while logged out'
Now you can chat with someone (due covid-19, try it before noon, they don't work fulltime now)
If you can tell them your account e-mail, full name, the old number added in account, and you can verify yourself they will ask the last 4 digit of your credit card in a "security box" (the numbers will not be visible), you win.
!!!One important thing: after you verify yourself, they can change your phone number in your account (with a code sent to your new number), but because of security reasons, you can log in first only using internet (IP) from the origin country where your account created and set. !.ONLY.! If you live abroad, and you can not travel home, and cannot ask your trustable parents/brother at home to log in instead of you (uhm, it is not official 😉 ), you CAN NOT SOLVE your issues.!!!