Old shipping address keeps appearing

frank134
New Community Member

I moved six months ago and changed my address in PayPal soon afterward. I also updated my address with my bank and credit cards.

Whenever I use PayPal on a web site to make a purchase, it always fills in my old address by default. I can't figure out where it is getting this address from. My profile settings don't show the old address at all, just the correct one. It happens even with merchants and web sites where I have no pre-existing account and have never ordered anything before.

How do I fix this?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @frank134,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

I am sorry about your issue. Did you remove the address from your Profile Settings? If not, I would suggest you do that. In addition, I would suggest you clear cache and cookies because it may be possible that the address is saved in your browser. 

If that is not the case, to contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

oldsteel
Contributor
Contributor

We (wife and I)  moved three years ago and still have this problem. It has been raised on this forum many times by others going back several years and has never been fixed. To repeat, we have both updated our profiles and checked many times, our old postal address is nowhere to be seen on our profiles. And yes, we have cleared cookies and content from our browsers but come on Paypal, you know that isn't the issue. I have read about 'hidden' addresses on this forum, and that a call might resolve the issue, but I did try that a couple of years ago and got fobbed off. Still, every so often, usually with an online order with a company I haven't dealt with before, up pops our three year old address, so Paypal must have it stored somewhere. And our Apple accounts still show it, they get it from Paypal as the primary payment provider. If anyone has managed to resolve this issue, please do reply. Very poor that Paypal have had this issue for years - maybe its a legal requirement that they retain old addresses? If so then they should ensure they are not provide to retailers but remain only viewable by Paypal staff.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.